Saturday, July 17, 2010

What makes a man ...

Of late, I have been reflecting a lot about the society that I am in. The incident when a parent lost his sanity over an incident involving his child in my classroom, made me feel like going out observing what is actually happening around me, in my small community of the so call international and Islamic. It is not that before this incident took place, I was not aware with the things that are taking place around me, yet being in the small department, which I belong to, it seems to be gruesome that we actually have people who feel that their money and power they own makes them reputable.

I finished class at about 10am on Friday, the only class I have for the day. I made my way to the cafeteria, not forgetting to drop by the patrol on duty. It started off with a simple hi and how are you. Out of nowhere, I blurted the question on how the new batch has been.

Then, one of the patrons started to pour out her views on how some parents have been behaving when dealing with them. From her story, I came to my realization that, the parent who barked non-stop to my authority was not the only case. The patron told that she was once being yelled at by a parent who came to fetch his child. It is her duty to check the students’ whereabouts. It’s not that they are busybody. It is not that they are nosy. They are shouldering their responsibilities. The amanah given to them by the university. This parent was apparently yelling at her questioning the reason of her questioning his child.

I could not help but feel extremely annoyed with this type of imbeciles. They should have been shot to death. The difference between a person and a dog is his aqal, is that difficult to understand? I don’t think so since I think that no one will bite the dog which bites you, would you? Nevertheless, by judging at the situation that the patron and I faced, I just realized that, THERE ARE people like this. People who will bite the dog that bites them ...

What a pity ... when you claim yourself to be educated, knowledgeable, a timeless traveller across the globe, a diner among the rich and famous, walking tall among the ministers yet, you just forget where your brain should be placed! How loathsome to be look upon to! Please, sir, do you mind finding yourself a seat and please find your brain and fix it to the place it should before you start scolding people who you think you can scold and scoff just because you have money and power. Dear sir, we may not have money and power, but we have brain, Alhamdulillah ... hope you find yours soon sir, chai chien!

0 comments:

Post a Comment