Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ain't it irony?

2010 marked the 7th year of my teaching career. I have done fairly good I would say for my motivation and passion to teach seem to be fluctuating every now and then for so many reasons. Yet, deep down, I really do not see where I should be if I were not a teacher. I do not think I am fit to be any other type of officers for the reasons that my beliefs and principles as well as the ways I look at things insinuated to be against others, most, if not all the time. (LOL, crazy me, ain't i?)

Of late, I received an unpleasant and intimidating email from a parent questioning my act of shooing the child from my tutorial for being irresponsible, intimidating and insulting in my territory. I was not aware where the child actually inherited those qualities until I accidentally read the email sent to me, four days after the incident.

In my eyes, when this parent actually name drop a few big shots in the email, I could not help but wonder, what is this person up to? With the limited knowledge of critical discourse analysis that I have, together with the help of a friend who does better at analyzing and observing, we had a short chat regarding the short email.

In the end, I managed to come to a conclusion that made me feel the urgency to extend my utmost sympathy to this kind of people. Knowing the fact that this person is a nobody, X had just had to come up with something to ensure the email looked extremely glowing that it might blind my eyes. Again, I could not help but smirk, when I went through the email a couple of times. It is such a pathetic idea that someone with kinda strong educational background would have thought to adopt this manner in order to outshine. I am just wondering whether the society really realize that the bigger the shot you know, the smaller you are in terms of importance? Hmm .. when I come to think of this again, I realize, so many people in this world are actually do not know how powerful and how meaningful words can be when they are proportionately weaved semantically.

On top of that, I would also want to ask whether these kind of people know that what makes a man is his attitude, charisma and confidence? Do they realize that the act of name drop symbolizes stupidity, insecurity and impracticality? May be NOT, that's why they are practicing this (a LOL to them!).

To cut matter short, I would just like to express that I do not in anyway entertain this kind of people. Name drop is not atomic bomb drop, so I still am alive and kicking, I may be intimidated, a lot in fact, yet my intelligence will never be insulted by such a small matter. I do not owe them anything anyway!

What a pity!

Daaaa!

0 comments:

Post a Comment