Saturday, July 24, 2010

R.E.S.P.E.C.T is earned. P.E.R.I.O.D.

Living in the world full of clown with too few circuses has made life so unbearable sometimes. When it comes to R.E.S.P.E.C.T, it is not something easily understood. Being an abstract entity, R.E.S.P.E.C.T is hardly present in our society now, despite budi bahasa budaya kita campaign, there are still bonkers who feel they are A.L.W.A.Y.S superior than others are.

First concern would be R.E.S.P.E.C.T between students and teachers. Socially, teachers are always on the higher rank than students are. Thus, for students to earn respect from their teachers, they have to respect their teachers first. Is it difficult? I don’t think so. If this is hard, then you should go and live in a cave befriending the beasts. I had a student, surprisingly female, coming to my class with a snobbish attitude and toffee-nosed face. I really have the feeling of slapping this haughty face. You snob around in my class, why should I respect you? First concern would be, who on earth do you think you are? Secondly, why on earth should I respect you when you can’t even show R.E.S.P.E.C.T to your classmates, what more to say A grammatically correct sentence in English? There! What is there to snob about in front of my face, for Godsake?!

Second concern is R.E.S.P.E.C.T between parents and teachers. Biologically speaking to the children, yes, parents socially are of higher rank than teachers are, nevertheless, when it comes to teaching learning process, issues of the approaches, I don’t see why parents hold higher social status than teachers, U.N.L.E.S.S the parents involved are teachers themselves, or have been excellent educators. T.H.E.N, T.H.O.S.E parents only have the rights to questions the teachers’ actions. Yet, I don’t think parents with enough knowledge in education as well as parenting would question teachers reactions over points happening in the classroom. I convincingly believe that, only shallow parents or worse spiritually blind parents would interrogate teachers regarding their actions in the classroom. When a dog comes barking at you, would you smile to the dog and say, “good dog! Sit!” you wouldn’t right, would you?? The same with teachers, should you appear to be so down-to-earth, I would in any way find sometimes to entertain you. On the contrary, should you come barking at me like nobody’s business, I would just ignore. I will be become the mountain and no matter how the wind howls, the mountain, WILL NEVER bow to it. Learn this, if you think that you are greater than others are.

Above all, when I come to think about it again, slightly more rationally, I just realize that, the most essential matter is actually about respecting oneself. The way you see yourself is always the same way people see you. If you are so full of yourself, then you are plain pompous, no doubt about that. In some point, you may think that by being pompous you are great, but to me, being pompous is plainly explaining that you are shallow, it could either be, malfunction brain, or too small of a brain in size that you are unable to digest simple unit such as R.E.S.P.E.C.T is earned, NOT asked!

0 comments:

Post a Comment